Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Emergency room visits and bed rest....

So two Saturdays ago I was working and noticed I was spotting. I told my mom about it but since it wasn't bad and had stopped I let it go and went back to work. So that day I went home and was cramping like usual.

The following day, I was at work; serving and we were quite busy and noticed the same feeling as the day before... sure enough I was right and it was worse. So immediately I left work and went straight to the emergency room and went through a bunch of tests. After being there for 5 and a half hours my final diagnosis was threatened miscarriage and I was put on best rest for a week.

So after making a follow up appointment with my doctor I got in on Friday, and I also had an ultra sound at the hospital that day as well. The doctor put me on ANOTHER week of bed rest and cancelled my ultra sound because I had one at the emergency room. So here I am laying in bed cramping non stop. All I have to say is this child better love me to death and never cause any problems through its teenage years haha.

It was all pretty scary but I'm glad that I didn't miscarry. I was so unbelievably worried about that. The ultrasound was pretty cool though. The baby had both sides of its brain and a heart rate of 158. On top of everything in the past 3 days I've gained 10 pounds! Which is also very exciting because I'm roughly between 13 and 14 weeks and had in fact lost weigh until the other day. Anyways I just wanted to let everyone know why I hadn't updated. By the way, everyone wish Stephanie a happy birthday! Shes hitting the big 22 today!:-)

By the way, my doctor told me that the other doctor(Beth) that examined me was wrong about being 8-10 weeks because I was really around 11 weeks when she examined me and used the doppler and was told by my actual doctor that at 11 weeks your uterus is right behind your pelvic bone. so yay for that.!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww. Thanks :-)

    I need to send you some of our pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is okay. Keep us updated.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you didn't miscarry! Try to rest when they tell you to. Good luck with that though, I'm sure it's quite boring.

    ReplyDelete