Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pregnancy and me

So I've decided, with a lot of encouragement from my friend Stephanie, that I should start a blog. I've never been good with this sort of thing though, so work with me here. Im 18 years old and just a few weeks ago discovered I was pregnant. I had a feeling I was for quite a while but since I have something called polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS) I didn't think it was possible. But I guess I was a bit naive to believe I was cramping for over a month for a period I never got :-P


I have not been able to go to the doctor yet because I've been trying to figure out all of this insurance stuff out. My mother is helping as much as she can, but always has so much on her plate with a really busy schedule. I figure though, that I'm anywhere between 12 and 16 weeks. Here's a picture from two days ago...


Pregnancy and I just do not seem to mix. I've decided that after this pregnancy, I'm never doing it again. I love kids, but I never dreamed of having one of my own. I'm excited but still kind of nonchalant about it all.

Everyone is being really supportive. Before anyone asks though, the father is NOT in the picture right now and I honestly don't see him being in our lives any time at all in the near future.

The names I've picked out so far are Kayden Thomas and Savannah Paige. But they are not a sure thing.

By the way, my name is Audrey, I'm a senior in high school, and am currently enrolled in a CNA program that's helping me get certified in May.

But anyway, seeing as I have to spend a dreadful 6 hours at work , I must leave this post the way it is. I'm sorry its not more exciting but I wanted to hurry up and get it posted so Stephanie could put a link in her post.





7 comments:

  1. Congrats and best of luck! I'm a reader of Steph's...if you wanna check out my blog for my two little girls feel free. http://theyremyeverything.blogspot.com/
    Also I like the two names you're thinking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you! I look forward to reading as you continue through this pregnancy and the journey that is motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a friend of Stephanie's....just thought I'd pop over and say, 'hi!' I look forward to traveling the pregnancy journey with you. :)

    BTW...I'd say you look closer to 16 weeks than 12. LOL

    The names you've chosen so far are really pretty.

    XOXO
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am a follower of Stephanie. Best of Luck with the pregnancy. I see you are from Jeffersonville. I used to live there before I moved to Charlestown. I still have family there. Good luck with the blog. It looks great so far. I didn't know anything about the blog world till I just started experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was 18 myself when I became pregnant with my first child and she just turned 16. I know how you must be feeling and if you need any advice, I'm here. Best of luck to you and your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Stephanie shared your blog with us. I love your little belly. I had my first when I was 18, today I'm pregnant with my third. I look forward to following your journey to motherhood, it's truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete